To prevent To stop Natural Hair From Being Damaged
Buyers beware – colored hair extensions may cause irreversible damage your hair. Take 5 minutes to undergo this text before making a purchase order.
Some common hair extension horrors:
1. Traction Alopecia: This is the most common problem brought on by weave in extensions. If the weave is just too tight, it will tug at the natural hair causing hair loss and bald patches
2. Contact Dermatitis: That is an allergic reaction attributable to glue used for bonding extensions to real hair. Symptoms include itchiness, red rash.
3. Headache: If extensions are attached too close to the scalp then it could cause recurring headache because of natural hair being pulled too tight.
4. Inflammation and irritation of scalp: Once the extensions become tangled or matted, they get caught in tines while brushing or combing hair leading to inflammation and irritation.
Always remember hair extensions industry is unregulated and lacks the standards that apply to hair cutting and coloring industry. Hence, it is in your individual interest to do as much research as possible
Colored Hair Extensions are an extremely popular hair/ fashion accessory nowadays. Sooner or later or the opposite, you’ll have also considered using artificial extensions so as to add bright colors or highlights to your hair. Though little question extensions are an easy and instant way so as to add volume or color to your hair, it could damage your hair and scalp if extreme caution is just not exercised.
A few years later, Asian countries like India and China started commercially processing and manufacturing hair extensions. This made hair extensions affordable and opened the way in which for selling colored hair extensions and wigs all around the world. The combination techniques have also evolved over this period, where earlier plant raisin was used to stay wigs to the head now there are techniques like fusion, clip-in, clip-on, bond weaving etc.
Hair extensions, which are available today, are typically made from synthetic fibers or real human hair.
1. Synthetic fibers are made of materials like Kanekalon or Toyokalon and are generally cheaper than real human hair extensions. As well as, synthetic extensions can be found in a variety of colors and textures.
2. Human hair extensions can be found in numerous grades and typically advertised by country of origin: Indian, Chinese etc. In actual fact, many Asian countries are major suppliers of real human hair. Though 100% human hair extensions are much costlier, they’re more versatile when it comes to styling as they will they are often flat ironed, curled or braided like natural hair and in addition lost longer.
Commonest terms used to specify quality of hair extensions are Virgin, Remy, and Double Drawn.
1. Virgin denotes that the hair has not been processed (or colored) in any way. The virgin hair are cut and collected in a way that maintains the direction of the cuticle.
2. Remy is used to point real hair when ‘almost’ the entire strands are organized with roots in one direction and tips in another. Remy hair generally lasts longer than other types and stays shinier and tangle-free for longer time.
3. Double Drawn is used to indicate that the hairs shorter than a certain length in the bundle have been manually removed – twice (and hence double drawn). This ends in variety of strands at both ends being equal. As this activity is very labor intensive, such extensions are very expensive.
1. Track and sew: The tracks are cornrows, braided in the direction of hair fall to provide the inspiration of end look. The wefts are then sewn onto the braids, with a specially made needle. The color of the thread relies on the color of extensions.
Buyer caution: If the hair is braided too tight then it could cause traction alopecia.
2. Invisible weave: In this technique, it usually takes about an hour to attach commercial hair to natural hair and integrations typically last about 8-10 weeks.
3. Bonding: Extensions may dark brown also be directly bonded to the natural hair using special bonding glue.
Buyer caution: If the hair extensions are accidentally bonded to the scalp, then it may cause sensitivities or itching. As well as, it is very recommended to do a patch test before using this method.
4. Clip-in hair extensions: Clip-in extensions will be integrated with natural hair to add volume or length or both. These extensions usually come as long strands that must be cut into desired lengths for adding layers to your natural hair.
5. Bulk: Bulk hair can be added to natural hair using different techniques like bonding, clip-in, or adhesive.
Buyer caution: In case of oily scalp, it is advised so as to add bulk hair using threads instead of bonding.
Many of the professional stylists agree that if used properly, hair extensions may not damage your hair or scalp. It is only when the buyers make wrong decisions or when extensions are integrated haphazardly that damage can happen.
There are precautions you can take to protect yourself from potential damage attributable to hair extensions. Choosing the right type of hair, quality and integration technique are most important.
The very best type of hair for artificial extensions is human. It behaves more like natural hair, blends in easily, and is easier to style than synthetic fibers.
If you have an interest, only in a temporary change then clip-in extensions are most advisable as they are often easily applied and removed without much damage.
However, in case you are searching for long-term solution like bonding then crucial thing are to decide on the best stylist and a good saloon with properly trained staff. Though this would be expensive, it’s worth the money.